Here’s what I spent my entire achingly long night on. Prep work for AJ Ferret’s official reference! I still have to do outfit chibies and hair styles.
Then I get to start ALL OVER AGAIN and make Prov the same kind of ref sheet. Holy shit I am never taking these as commissions unless someone pays me like a $1000 big bucks. Just wow my freaking arm HURTS over this portion and I’m not even done!
But yeah, like I mentioned before. It’s worth it. I’ve never felt so close to a character/sona before. I aways tried making myself a “fursona” or a “sona” of some kind to represent me artistically/online… But nothing ever seemed to stick. I have characters I love, sure! But none of them were ME. To the very core, me. This is where AJ Ferret comes along. I actually feel like if I was running around in the virtual world, this is what I would look like. This is me, my fictional being. I love it! I absolutely love AJ Ferret! <3
I can’t wait to finish this ref sheet as a whole! <3
hyenas, terrifying and excellently organized predators of the savannah
also surprisingly docile and like neck scritches and have a tail chasing compulsion
if you don’t think hyenas are great then you’re objectively wrong
Aaaahhh, I love hyenas. :D
Hyenas: Always getting a bad rap because lions are jerks. Lions actually steal from hyenas most of the time because hyenas are the better predators — but they’re also very skittish when faced with a giant pride of cats. Adorable babies!
Okay, lemme tell you about spotted hyenas, aka the BAMFiest BAMFs in the animal kingdom.
- Their societies are entirely female-dominated. Female hyenas are larger and stronger than males and have higher social status in clan hierarchy - even the lowest-ranking female in a hyena clan is higher up the social ladder than the highest-ranking male. They’re basically the Amazons of the animal world. The females even have false penis-like appendages (which are essentially large clitorises), which led the ancient Greeks to think that hyenas were hermaphrodites. Because fuck your narrow human perceptions of sex and gender roles, that’s why.
- They are considered the dominant predators of the African savannah, despite not being the largest or strongest, because they are the most successful hunters. Their hunting success rate is estimated to be about 70-80%, meaning that they catch about 70-80% of prey they pursue - a freakishly high statistic (to compare, the success rate of lions and wolves is about 20-30%). They also scavenge much less than lions do, as whowasntthere said, and are incredibly adaptable and opportunistic predators, meaning that they are also the most common and widespread of the large African carnivores. That’s not too bad for an animal typecast as a lazy scavenger.
- Their jaws are some of the strongest in the animal kingdom, stronger than those of lions, tigers, wolves or perhaps bears, and can crush elephant and giraffe bones; hyenas are also able to digest all bone matter. Don’t tell me that’s not metal as fuck.
- Despite looking like dogs, they are not part of the dog family and are actually more closely related to cats. Because fuck your logic. Nature does what it wants.
- They are incredibly intelligent. They are easily as intelligent as primates and some scientists claim that their intelligence may even rival that of the great apes, which would make them among the most intelligent animals in the world. Hyenas even outperform chimpanzees on some tests, which is pretty damn awesome, considering that chimpanzees are our closest relatives and all.
So yeah, basically hyenas are awesome and badass as well as truly fascinating animals and if you don’t have at least a bit of respect for them you’re wrong.
|—||Emperor Mage, Tamora Pierce (via fytortall)|
1. If he doesn’t answer, don’t keep sending texts. If he wanted to talk to you, he would’ve responded.
2. People will make time for you when they care about you. If he says he’s too busy or constantly cancels his plans, he doesn’t care. People fight for you when they care.
3. Don’t let him touch you on the first date. If he tries, he’s not there for the same reasons you are.
4. You can tell a lot about a person by their favorite book.
5. If he can stomach more than ten straight shots without feeling a thing, he drinks too much.
6. Ask the uncomfortable things. When was the last time he was so high he couldn’t speak? What does he regret the most? Does he drink to remember or to forget?
7. Don’t send pictures unless you want to. If he has to talk you into it, don’t do it. If you hesitate, don’t do it. If you do take a picture, don’t include your face. Keep yourself safe.
8. If you can’t laugh when you’re having sex with him, maybe you aren’t sleeping with the right person. Sex isn’t about tricks and tips and routines.
9. If he hurts you, cut him out. He’s gone, he isn’t coming back, and you don’t need to prolong the pain.
10. Don’t be afraid to open up again. I promise not everyone will love you with a knife behind their back.
|—||Boy advice from someone who made the same mistakes too often (via guiseofgentlewords)|
I dont have many followers left because of my inactivity but hopefully the last few of you can help ma save this cat.
Im taking donations for this abandoned starved cat
Her donation page is http://www.gofundme.com/dabo2o
Her background story and info is on the donation page, but just in case people dont go to it, at least share it for someone who will.
“This cat, who we have decided to name Angel, was found in the middle of the road yesterday night (8/19/14), unable to stand. Initially everyone thought she was hit by a car but after getting a closer look at her, she was simply dying of starvation. She couldn’t stand on her own or open her eyes. When we brought her in our house to feed/water her whatever we tried to give her would simply fall out of her mouth. After a few minutes of trying, we got her to start licking chicken juice off our finger and drink a little bit of water. After seeing she was still willing to eat, we decided to stop feeding her (since she could get sick) and take her to a hospital.
She has been abandoned and starved but after taking her to an emergency clinic, we find out that other than the fact she is severely underweight and dehydrated, her organs are ok and she has no diseases.
My family believes that a neighboor that was foreclosed on a few months ago threw out their house cat and simply left her on her own. Being a house cat all her life most likely made it extremely difficult to find food and avoid the enourmous amount of cyotes living in a nearby park.
We gave her to the vet to keep under surveillance last night and get some liquids in her.
My family and I have high hopes for this cat considering she is very eager to eat and purrs when held/pet. But sadly the vet gave us an idea of the price after all the procedure and its extremely difficult for us to pay, especially since this cat isn’t even ours.
My family is expecting a bill of around $1,500 (We had been originally told around 1,000 dollars but as the cat stays in the hospital longer, the bill gets bigger.
Its currently at 1,200. If the bill stays at 1,200 and we still reach our goal of 15, we will use the money to keep the cat in good condition until we can find her a new owner. Or we will use the remaining money to donate to other pet donation sites to help other animals with similar stories.
Even if its just a dollar, anything can help us keep this cat going .
Also, for anyone that donates and would consider adopting Angel, we will be looking for a new home for her. If you’re interested in giving her a permanent home please feel free to contact me.”
Thanks in advance for anyone that donates to this cat or shares her story
haha! have fun at highschool today NERDS. i’m gonna be doing cool ADULT stuff like sleeping WHENEVER i want and CRYING